Friday, April 1, 2011

Snack Time

I really flopped at one of my baking adventures the other day. I made three loaves of banana bread and messed up the recipe somehow. This left me deflated and racking my brain trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Not wanting to waste the bread I decided to visit the chickens. I've never given them banana bread and they love treats so why not try it. I received mixed responses concerning the flat, slightly hard bread.

They came running when called. They knew there was a treat.

Maxine waddling as fast as she can.

"Ok, we are here, where is the treat?"

Chickens initially liked the bread. 

Maxine gobbles up the treats as fast as she can. 


Spot was too interested in wanting to run me off, to eat. 

Prince, our cat, came to see what the treat was. 

Rockett, " I prefer my warm coop and laying mash thank you."

Maxine after eating, "Anything else?"
After the initial excitement, the eating frenzy stopped and several pieces of bread lay on the ground. Of course my dogs got a chance the next day to eat what was left.

The eating machines lying on their couch. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate when that happens! I do that so often lately even after pouring over the recipe!

    I hopped over from Chickens In The Road. Love your blog, now I need to go check your other one. Thanks for sharing! Marla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...