Monday, June 20, 2011

Roosters

Living in town, we have to be considerate of our neighbors. We try to keep our animal areas clean to keep down the odor and flies and try to choose animals that don't make loud noise.

Unfortunately sometimes when buying chicks you end up with roosters. Roosters are very loud. Not a good thing when you have close neighbors. We found we had two, which we promptly gave away. 

It was hard for me to give them away. They were only babies yet, not even three months old. One was a White Crested Polish and the other a Brahma. The Brahma was large for his age and the Polish was small.  They're living now on a Menonite farm with lots of chickens to chase after. 

White Crested Polish 
Brahma 
The only problem now is, I still have a rooster. I hear him crowing as I open the door of the chicken house but he stops when the door is open. I haven't caught him in his crowing act yet. But as soon as I do off to the Menonite Farm he goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...